Dave

Default DVD No Disk Inserted

I have a panasonic DVD A320 that no longer recognizes when a DVD or CD is
in the tray. It just started doing this and worked well until a few days
ago.

Any idea how the inserted DVD/CD is recognized and how a repair might be
made. It isn't worth getting professionaly repaired.

Thanks

Sam Goldwasser

"Dave" writes:

I have a panasonic DVD A320 that no longer recognizes when a DVD or CD is
in the tray. It just started doing this and worked well until a few days
ago.

Any idea how the inserted DVD/CD is recognized and how a repair might be
made. It isn't worth getting professionaly repaired.

See the CD Player Repair Guide at the site below.

Start by cleaning the lens.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

LASERandDVDfan

I have a panasonic DVD A320 that no longer recognizes when a DVD or CD is
in the tray. It just started doing this and worked well until a few days
ago.

Failing pickups with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Panasonic players is fairly
common, unfortunately.

Your DVD-A320 is a 3rd generation model.

I am afraid that the cost of repair will exceed the value of the unit.
Furthermore, this problem will only happen again later on with a replacement
pickup.

As a matter of fact, Panasonic just went through a class action lawsuit because
of this problem.

Recommended replacement players will be anything that's most recent from Sony,
JVC, or Pioneer.

Highest end player that's recommended: Denon DVD-5900. - Reinhart