Default Weird problem

Hi, I have a Grundig tp 623 tv and tonight it has developed a problem.
During watching a programme it suddenly flipped into childlock mode (even
though the remote control is broken and isn't even in the same room!).

Now when I switch off and unplug and switch back on, I get the childlock
screen (I've never locked the TV using childlock, so don't have a code to
unlock it!).

Help! What can I do - as I said, the remote is broken as well! Can I somehow
clear the chip inside the TV that remembers that the childlock is on by
leaving it switched off for a certain amount of time? If so, how long?

Also, as this happened spontaneously, does this mean the TV is faulty or is
there an ambient room temperature or something that flips it on perhaps?!

Thanks for any help.

I think you'll need to get a remote to turn it off, no password will be
required.

What if I got one of those universal ones - is that likely to help? If so,
do you know what I might need to press to release the childlock?

Fred McKenzie

I have a Grundig tp 623 tv and tonight it has developed a problem.
During watching a programme it suddenly flipped into childlock mode (even
though the remote control is broken and isn't even in the same room!).

Nospam-

Your story reminds me of the way some computers act when their CMOS battery
dies. In your case, it may be that the childlock mode is the default.

If this happens to be the root of your problem, you will still need that remote
to reset it after you replace the battery.

Fred