gcd

Default HP 8417B performance test software wanted for repair. LO signal on main osc output - CORRECTION

Hi again all,

Lokks as though my problem has nothing to do with spurs, but would like to
obtain the test software anyway.

The problem with the analyser is that the main oscillator becomes
regenerative in bands 2 thru 4. (mostly band 2)

playing about caused the problem to be repeatable , when in band 2 the
output takes off at around 2.7 GHz and outputs around + 10 dBm or more

doesnt appear to matter what frequency in band 2 is used, the ouput takes
off at the same freq

Adjust the board cover and all comes good, tighten another screw and it
comes back.

Anyone seen something similar ? Any ideas?

If one of the pin switches that switched in the b2 filter was dead and
represented a high impedance it's possible, I suppose, that the alc is
compensating but the input is twitchy as it's unloaded and so takes off with
a little feedback? Sound reasonable?

Thanks
Greg

"gcd" wrote in message
Hi All,
I'm repairing an 8714B and am in need of the the performance test

software,
HP part number 08712-10011. I can find no reference to it on the agilent
site.

I have a problem with the analyser which I think is related to spurs? Out

of
the main osc is the output signal and a LO signal around 25 to 30 dB down.
I'm not sure if this is what is referred to as spurs or whether they are
solely referring to fractional N PLL reference osc spurs.

This LO component on the output affects the dynamic range of the narrow

band
receivers as it interfers with the receiver mixing process.

Mostly affects band 2 but noticeable on bands 2 thru 4.

So looking for the software to adjust the spurs, if this is the spurs

being
referred to in the .

Alternatively, if someone knows which test frequency to use for which
adjustment point that would be almost as good.

Or if it's not these spurs the software adjusts, then anyone have any

ideas
as to how the LO is bleeding thru tot he main osc port? and if so, any
suggested cure?

Thanks

Greg
---------
g c d [delete everything else] A.T. austarmetro.com.au