Shahid Sheikh

Default Remove what's left of the anti-glare coating

Hi all,

Its an IBM P70 monitor. Got poorly packed while moving from one place
to another and the screen kept rubbing against another surface. Anyway
to remove what's left of the coating? I have even tried the buffing
wheel on my dremel tool but even that doesn't take off the coating
that is still there. Any ideas? How about an abrasive car polishing
wax? Or something like a claybar?

Thanks,

Shahid
Jerry G.

If you use fine simonize for acrylic paint polish with your buffer, I
would think that this will take off the coating. This substance contains
pumis stone, and can even polish glass if used correctly.

When you take off the coating, your tube is going to display with a lot
of glare. This will be because the glass surface has some reflections,
which is a normal property of glass. The glass used or CRT's has a high
content of lead in it for your protection. The image will have a sort of
a cloudy reflection to it. You will see what I mean if you can get the
anti-glare coating off of it.

--

Jerry G.
======