Bob

Default Please help. Retrace lines on RCA F27185

I have an RCA model F27185DW (service number F27185DWF01) and it has
bright retrace lines and the picture is still there but badly degraded. I had to
turn the brightness and contrast up to get a viewable picture. BTW, I see no
chassis number on it. Does someone know what chassis is in this set?

Anyway, has anyone had this problem before and/or knows if it is a
common problem that knows the fix for it? Or at least what to look for? Thanks a
bunch.

Art

G2 supply, Video bias, check the voltages applied to the CRT socket with the
set in operation. do this both with the socket connected to the CRT and with
it removed from the crt. Be advised, if you do not know the SAFETY
requirements then do not attempt these measurements. In that case you should
have it professionally serviced. FWIW: the voltages should indicate what
current and signals are being applied to the CRT. BTW: somewhere on the
chassis there is a white tag indicting the complete 10 digit serial number
and the CTC_chassis number. Post the diagnostic measurements you have indeed
completed for further information.