DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacement probe for Tektronix 2213A (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/71364-replacement-probe-tektronix-2213a.html)

kl1k September 28th 04 12:33 PM

Replacement probe for Tektronix 2213A

I have a 2213A scope w/o a probe. What probe should I be looking for -
I've gone onto the Tek site and there's like a million type of probes
there with lots of specs on Atten/InputC, InputR, B/W???

What would be a good equivalent to use?

Sam Goldwasser September 28th 04 01:46 PM

(kl1k) writes:

I have a 2213A scope w/o a probe. What probe should I be looking for -
I've gone onto the Tek site and there's like a million type of probes
there with lots of specs on Atten/InputC, InputR, B/W???

What would be a good equivalent to use?

There are a large variety of inexpensive replacmeent probes available
from electronics distributors like MCM Elelectronics as well as on eBay.
You don't need to go to Tek and pay 10X as much! It's not a high performance
probe.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.

NSM September 28th 04 05:35 PM

"kl1k" wrote in message
om...
| I have a 2213A scope w/o a probe. What probe should I be looking for -
| I've gone onto the Tek site and there's like a million type of probes
| there with lots of specs on Atten/InputC, InputR, B/W???
|
| What would be a good equivalent to use?

Switchable X1 / X10 with the same bandwidth as the scope. Nice set of
accessory hooks etc. would help.

TekMan September 29th 04 06:53 AM

(kl1k) wrote in message . com...
I have a 2213A scope w/o a probe. What probe should I be looking for -
I've gone onto the Tek site and there's like a million type of probes
there with lots of specs on Atten/InputC, InputR, B/W???

What would be a good equivalent to use?

10:1 for 1 Mohm scope input, input C comp 18 to 30 pF.

B/W at least 60 MHZ.

So most of the suppliers have the 100MHz probes around, 99,9% of these
offers will suit your 2213A because it's very well in that range. I
took mine from RS components, not the cheapest but works well.

hth,
Andreas

kl1k September 29th 04 07:21 AM

Thanks - I'll have a look around at the local exectronic shop.