Asimov

Default TX825 /826

Hi,

I just replaced a shorted HOT in a 13" ge used in the back shed. The
main board was silkscreened TX825C but the back label showed TX826TB.

Guess what? The HOT died because of glue in the base drive coil
terminations just like the L14404 glue. The coil had a 47 ohm resistor
across it and when I measured it the flexing made the reading jump
between 0 and 47. The glue had contaminated only 1 leg of the coil.

While in there I replaced TP15 (had low hfe) with a beefier part. I used
a 2SC3502 with a twisted pinout. I also subbed DP15 1N4001 with 1N4004
and subbed CP63 electro 47uF with 4.7uF. I checked TP14, DP02, DP12,
DP18, DP14. All okay. The tv turned on perfectly. I didn't hear much
noise from the degauss but the thermistor was warm. TP15 was cool.

Just one thing bothers me. There is a loose short jumper wire with a
clear rubber boot to the left of the heatsink/fbk area. The only place I
can see it going is 2 terminals marked XRP1 and XRP2. Are these for
service modes? I didn't try the jumper. BTW the contrast bar reverts to
about 3/4 after unplugging the set, can it be changed?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... If you don't know what leever "A" does then you better leever "B"