Bob M.

Default RCA ctc146 TV - Black bar across top of screen

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with a Sears model television with an RCA ctc146
chassis.
1. It currently has a black horizontal bar about 2 inches wide running
across the top of the screen.
2. When its first turned on (cold) it will cycle on/off for several
minutes before staying on.

Any ideas where I should start? Should I purchase a service manual? If
so, what's a good site?

Thanks,
Bob M.
James Sweet

"Bob M." wrote in message
Hello,

I'm having some trouble with a Sears model television with an RCA ctc146
chassis.
1. It currently has a black horizontal bar about 2 inches wide running
across the top of the screen.
2. When its first turned on (cold) it will cycle on/off for several
minutes before staying on.

Any ideas where I should start? Should I purchase a service manual? If
so, what's a good site?

Thanks,
Bob M.

Start by checking/replacing electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and
vertical area.