Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bootload ATMEGA328

Please is there any simple way to bootload an Arduino ATMEGA328 chip? I have an arduino UNO board and i want to use it to bootload an ATMEGA chip. all the videos and other tutorials seem not to work.
I will be much grateful if someone can help me do that.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 6:55:08 AM UTC+1, Clifford Heath wrote:
On 4/9/20 1:20 pm, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Please is there any simple way to bootload an Arduino ATMEGA328 chip? I have an arduino UNO board and i want to use it to bootload an ATMEGA chip. all the videos and other tutorials seem not to work.
I will be much grateful if someone can help me do that.

I know of two ways to do it. One way requires a working Arduino board
and a bread board where you can plug in the chip, a crystal and a couple
of other components.

The other way is a working Arduino and an Arduino board with a removable
chip.

Either way , you put the two boards together with a few wires and run
the boot loader program from a computer.

Youtube has many examples to take you through the steps.

Yes. You program an Arduino as an ISP, as he
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP and use that to program
your ATMEGA328.

Clifford Heath.

Thank you very much I will visit the site.