ChrisCoaster

Default 1996 20" Sanyo + RF Mod + Brand New DVD/VHS Combo

I don't remember the brand of the DVD/VHS, but here's what happened.

I hooked up the items in the subject at my friend's house. I set the
channel on the RF modulator and the Sanyo TV to 3(our local null
spot). I turn on the cable box and TV, picture/sound fine. I turn on
the DVD combo, weird squirrely lines march across and sound is
interrupted by a buzzing.

I double checked all my connections, then tried again. Same mess. I
called our local Circuit City and they walked me through my
connections over the phone. No results. I explained that I had
everything set to 3 or 4 the way I was supposed to, but the guy said
something like "It doesn't work that way, try tuning your TV to
channel zero." Zero - WTH?! I told him our TV can't tune in zero,
and he replied "Sorry, there's nothing I can do for you. You can bring
the modulator back for refund or x-change".

One interesting note about this particular DVD combo. The user manual
states that it cannot be viewed over RF(antenna)cable attached to your
TV. You must use RCA line jacks to a TV equipped with same, or an RF
modulator to an older TV(like my friend's).

Any clues about the RF modulator and that channel zero business?

thanks,

ChrisCoaster