Jesus Alvarado !!

Default Magnavox 52" tv

service guy charged me $400
to replace the High Volt circuit board
I think I was ripped off

Mike

no you wernt. Thats about $300 dollars for a new board itself. common
problem on those peice of **** TVs

"Jesus Alvarado !!" wrote in message
service guy charged me $400
to replace the High Volt circuit board
I think I was ripped off

Sal Brisindi

It all depends what a new 52" tv will cost. My 36" RCA died last year
and it cost $275 to fix it. TO me it was worth it as it was only 4 years
old..

Sal

"Jesus Alvarado !!" wrote:

service guy charged me $400
to replace the High Volt circuit board
I think I was ripped off

john

Cheap ! You got a deal on that piece of junk.

kip

Leonard Caillouet

You more likely got ripped off when you bought it.

If you want to find out, post the model number, chassis number, part number
of the board replaced and the market that you are in, along with the
breakdown for parts and labor. Lots of guys here do these repairs all the
time and we would be happy to give you some feedback. On the slim info that
you gave, I suspect you got a reasonable deal.

Why wouldn't you check it out before you authorized the repair if you
thought the price was not fair?

Leonard