Jason Welch

Default Fixing an old electronic organ

Hello electronics experts

I hoped someone could help a novice with this repair. I recently bought an
organ (70's technology!) but one PCB has been physically damaged. I have
some broken devices on this board (as well as some broken tracks). They are
17-pin SIP resistor networks (I think) and the question is whether I would
be able to find out whether they are just resistors and if so get a modern
replacement. I can't look it up anywhere as there's no technical info
around any more as the thing is so damn old! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jason.

Steve

--

Jason,

I fear that the SIP's may be more than just resistors. They may be RC
phasing networks (Resistors and capacitors). Dimensions please? Any
numbers, letters, or other identifiers at all? Are they really little
circuit boards with little resistors and caps, and possibly transistors?
Are the pins "linearly regular" in spacing, or irregular? Irregular
suggests something other than resistors -- maybe. Since you have broken
ones, take one apart if big enough, and the coatings can be chipped or
peeled off. I'm hazarding a guess you've got something more than
resistors. Sorry.

Thanks, Steve
Woody

"Jason Welch" wrote in message
Hello electronics experts

I hoped someone could help a novice with this repair. I recently bought

an
organ (70's technology!) but one PCB has been physically damaged. I have
some broken devices on this board (as well as some broken tracks). They

are
17-pin SIP resistor networks (I think) and the question is whether I would
be able to find out whether they are just resistors and if so get a modern
replacement. I can't look it up anywhere as there's no technical info
around any more as the thing is so damn old! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Jason.
--

If it's 17 pin then it is likely 16 resistors and one common and will be
used as a pull-up or pull-down (most likely the former) on digital inputs.

--

Woody

John Damm Sørensen

Woody wrote:
[...]

They might also be some kind of hybrid circutry. A picture will indeed help.

/John
remove 2 x nspam and replace pillow with hovedpuden in e-mail if you
want to reply direct to me.
H. R. Bob Hofmann

Steve wrote in message ...
Jason Welch wrote:

[...]

It would help if the poster gave us a brand name for the organ, and
maybe a model number, and anything else that is marked on the organ to
give us a clue. It would also help to have a photo of the broken unit
and one of a good unit to see if they are the same component.
Nothing like that was given, so it is almost an impossible task to
make coherent suggestions.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

ajb

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:10:41 +0200, John Damm Sørensen
wrote:

Woody wrote:
[...]

They may also be an early IC which appeared on the circuit diagram as a
single transistor with many emitters. I would have to look this up as it
is long ago...

--
ajb