Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SMD rework station from China

Has anyong looked at the 3 in 1 853D SMD DC Power Supply Hot Air Iron
Gun Rework Soldering Station from China that is selling for about $ 12
to $ 15 wth free shipping on ebay now ?

I bought one similar without the low voltage power supply/meter a few
years back. They were around $ 60 back then. While I am sure it would
not hold up under heavy use , it works very well for my maybe once
month use.

I just put one on order as a spare at that price. There are several
sellers at that price and several more at the $ 50 or so range.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The Chinese gov. must really have it in for techs right now. I agree the
price is too good to be true, shipping alone is more than the item is worth.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/us-global-...094329732.html

How this item can be shipped for free is crazy.

How safe can the electrics be in this device? I'll buy one to pull it
apart because I can't believe it will meet any electrical safety standard.

John :-#(#

On 2019/12/21 9:56 a.m., Ralph Mowery wrote:

Has anyong looked at the 3 in 1 853D SMD DC Power Supply Hot Air Iron
Gun Rework Soldering Station from China that is selling for about $ 12
to $ 15 wth free shipping on ebay now ?

I bought one similar without the low voltage power supply/meter a few
years back. They were around $ 60 back then. While I am sure it would
not hold up under heavy use , it works very well for my maybe once
month use.

I just put one on order as a spare at that price. There are several
sellers at that price and several more at the $ 50 or so range.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Ralph Mowery wrote:

Has anyong looked at the 3 in 1 853D SMD DC Power Supply Hot Air Iron
Gun Rework Soldering Station from China that is selling for about $ 12
to $ 15 wth free shipping on ebay now ?

I bought one similar without the low voltage power supply/meter a few
years back. They were around $ 60 back then. While I am sure it would
not hold up under heavy use , it works very well for my maybe once
month use.

I just put one on order as a spare at that price. There are several
sellers at that price and several more at the $ 50 or so range.

Its a scam. Look at the feedback for all those sellers, Sports briefs
HKD 1445 (185 USD).

If its too good to be true its probably a scam.

Actually I bought one of these at a flea market recently for $10, its
not a bad unit.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 12:56:45 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Has anyong looked at the 3 in 1 853D SMD DC Power Supply Hot Air Iron
Gun Rework Soldering Station from China that is selling for about $ 12
to $ 15 wth free shipping on ebay now ?

I bought one similar without the low voltage power supply/meter a few
years back. They were around $ 60 back then. While I am sure it would
not hold up under heavy use , it works very well for my maybe once
month use.

I just put one on order as a spare at that price. There are several
sellers at that price and several more at the $ 50 or so range.

FWIW, as a general warning, many of these types of units have bad wiring and violated basics safety principals, such as proper grounding, improper fuse placement/rating or most likely no fuse at all. In this and various other electronic/electrical NGs, there are discussions about what people find. Do some googling about your device of interest and see if ppl have complained.
You may have to do some re-engineering to make the thing safe.
While the pricing of this stuff is really attractive, I will get this stuff from reputable mfg.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 12:56:45 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Has anyong looked at the 3 in 1 853D SMD DC Power Supply Hot Air Iron
Gun Rework Soldering Station from China that is selling for about $ 12
to $ 15 wth free shipping on ebay now ?

I bought one similar without the low voltage power supply/meter a few
years back. They were around $ 60 back then. While I am sure it would
not hold up under heavy use , it works very well for my maybe once
month use.

I just put one on order as a spare at that price. There are several
sellers at that price and several more at the $ 50 or so range.

I tried to buy one of these, last year. About two weeks later, Ebay refunded the money, and the seller no longer had an account on Ebay. Like in these ads, there were hundreds sold, and decent feedback. Also, you have to be careful. Some sellers don't tell you that their soldering tools are 240VAC instead of 120 VAC.