Bill Degener

Default Pioneer SD-P6091 Projection TV problem

Pioneer SD-P6091 Projection TV problem

TV was moved and set down hard. Bottom left quadrant of screen (green
color) is bowed about 2 inches. I'm guessing the CRT mask, but want
opinions. I'd like to know where to get another CRT and about how much to
expect. I thought that maybe a magnet came off the bottle, but then again
not sure.

Thanks

Bill Degener

Ampdoc

It's a projection TV. No shadow mask in any of the 3 tubes as they are
single color and don't need one. You probably just shook loose a bad solder
joint, or you could have moved the yoke slightly down the neck of the CRT,
then again if the convergence STK was near failure that could be it also.
Judging from your post, I suggest you find a Pioneer authorized servicer in
your area to come fix it. Best case it will be only bad solder joints, worst
it will need the STK4277SL replaced, Make sure they use the upgraded IC,
STK4279SL if you need that. Even worst case the repair bill should only be
around $250 or so. Now if all 3 colors were affected I'd say check the
mirror for a crack.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Bill Degener" wrote in message
Pioneer SD-P6091 Projection TV problem

TV was moved and set down hard. Bottom left quadrant of screen (green
color) is bowed about 2 inches. I'm guessing the CRT mask, but want
opinions. I'd like to know where to get another CRT and about how much to
expect. I thought that maybe a magnet came off the bottle, but then again
not sure.

Thanks

Bill Degener

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I just purchase a 60 inch projection pioneer sd-p6091 t.v. and was
wondering if anyone can help me out here....

I will turn the t.v. on and it will work fine for 2-3 minutes and then
the volume will turn up by itself and the t.v. will cut off. I know it
sounds weird but does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Could
it need a new switch or am i just s.o.l.

Any feedback would be appreciated....

--
mhancock84
mhancock84's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=308

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"mhancock84" wrote in message

I just purchase a 60 inch projection pioneer sd-p6091 t.v.

Used or new?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

used.....probably 6-7 year old t.v.

any ideas?

--
mhancock84
mhancock84's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=308
View this thread: http://www.futurehardware.in/showthread.php?t=241635

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"mhancock84" wrote in message

used.....probably 6-7 year old t.v.

OK. 'Just purchased' sounds like a warranty job!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"just purchased" from a friend of a friend, no warranty.....