Old January 26th 19, 05:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

Default Do you have experience with "infrared camera detection" on mobile devices?

Do you have experience with "infrared camera detection" on mobile devices?

If so, how do you assess the difference between
o How the infrared camera detection works on a mobile device, versus
o Similar functionality, in almost _any_ digital video camera viewfinder?

Note this question is only about the inherent infrared detection
differences between almost any digital camera ... and these "green-screen"
viewfinder apps.

Today I decided to check an area for hidden cameras and microphones
where the first non-obnoxiousware non-Internet non-GPS-aware
free tool I happened to test was
o Detect Hidden Camera, version 1.9
o (com.techno95.detecthiddencameraandmicrophone)

The way "it" works is pretty simple, apparently, where
o It detects rf emitters using the magnetometer reading, and
o It detects infrared emitters using a "green screen" video viewfinder

Based on an Internet search, these tools abound on both iOS & Android:
https://knowtechie.com/smartphone-apps-can-help-detect-hidden-cameras-anywhere/
https://www.techzac.com/best-hidden-camera-detector-apps-android/
http://www.graphictunnel.com/2017/09/best-hidden-camera-detector-apps.html
etc.

My question for this newsgroup is only about that green-screen viewfinder.
Q: Essentially, other than being "green" - how is it any different from
almost _any_ digital video viewfinder (all of which seem to detect infrared
emissions)?

Old January 26th 19, 10:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

On 1/25/19 11:23 PM, arlen holder wrote:
Do you have experience with "infrared camera detection" on mobile devices?

Go away.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Old January 26th 19, 09:08 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 04:20:31 -0600, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
Go away.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 10:35:54 +0000, newshound wrote:
newshound

Hi Snit,

Why do these two prove, in _every_ post, they own the brain of a child?
o Fox's Mercantile (*also known as "Snit"*)
o newshound

It's clear you don't comprehend the technical question.
o But why do you _prove_ your lack of comprehension in every post?
Old January 26th 19, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

In article
Fox's Mercantile wrote:

On 1/25/19 11:23 PM, arlen holder wrote:
Do you have experience with "infrared camera detection" on mobile devices?

Go away.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
WA6FWi
http:foxsmercantile.com

Big mistake placing your call sign in your sig.

If you're going to get into arguments with people on Usenet, there are
some very mean people who will look you up in the FCC call sign
registry and cause you and your family immense problems. They can go
to a site such as Intelius and with their credit card learn the entire
public record of your life. It has happened again and again on Usenet,
and they guy you're screwing with is one of the sock puppets of a guy
who does such a thing. An American Indian named Eagle made that same
mistake with his call sign. They drove him off from Usenet with
threats to his entire family. Others have suffered the same fate.

It's probably a bit late, but If I were you I'd drop that call sign
from your sig file.

Old January 26th 19, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

On 1/26/19 3:26 PM, Nomen Nescio wrote:
It's probably a bit late, but If I were you I'd drop that call sign
from your sig file.

I appreciate the concern, but I ain't afraid of assholes on Usenet.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old January 26th 19, 09:43 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/26/19 3:08 PM, arlen holder wrote:
Hi Snit,

Just like last time, the time before that and the time before that.

You're convinced I'm Snit. I'm not.

What do you do? Jack off in front of your computer thinking how
clever you are?

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0
Old January 26th 19, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 05:23:34 -0000 (UTC), arlen holder
wrote:

o Detect Hidden Camera, version 1.9

Nothing found on the Play store.

o (com.techno95.detecthiddencameraandmicrophone)

There's nothing by techno95 remaining on the Google Play Store.
However, you can get the APK if you want to live dangerously:
https://www.apkfollow.com/app/detect-hidden-cameras-and-microphones/com.techno95.detecthiddencameraandmicrophone/

Let us know when you find a URL that I can use for these. Like most
people, I don't like to waste my time Googling for things that you
could easily provide as a URL.

While you're looking, consider that finding a hidden camera requires
that the camera emits something that you can detect with your
smartphone. That limits it to RF emissions of some sort, magnetic
emissions from the lens auto focus electronics, or IR emissions from
some manner of illuminator. You might to better with a spectrum
analyzer (or RTL-SDR dongle) and look for the camera clock oscillator,
LAN clock frequency, or RF backhaul frequency. CCTV cameras are often
powered by 24VAC. Maybe look for a 60Hz AC power field where one
would normally not be expected.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old January 26th 19, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

Another detector for a hidden camera lens is the reflective LED method.
You wear a headdress of LEDs facing outwards just above your eyes and if
you see bright point reflections then you may have found your hidden
camera (lens)...

This was explored in the book by Cory Doctorow "Little Brother"

https://boingboing.net/2008/05/09/ho...ct-hidden.html

John :-#)#