Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Rohde et Schwarz sythetizer SMF 100A

When I connect the power chord and switch on from the back there is a
yellow led near the front panel power button.

If I press this button a green led shows up but disappears after about 3
seconds and the yellow one comes back. Nothing shows up on the screen.

Is it a stupid trouble I can fix myself? (internal fuse or similar)

Regards,

Jean-Pierre Coulon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Manual he

https://cdn.rohde-schwarz.com/pws/dl...nual_en_12.pdf

Page 31 addresses your concerns.

Generally, reading the manual for a complex piece of equipment can be helpful. I have been known to do it myself!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the manual, but I am not learning much.

This sythetizer had spent a few years on a shelf. After a few days with
the 220 V it restarted. I believe some accumulator was empty and it is
unable to boot in this case.

Hope it may help someone in the future :-)

Jean-Pierre Coulon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Please note the interpolations:

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 1:23:32 PM UTC-4, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
Thanks for the manual, but I am not learning much.

This sythetizer had spent a few years on a shelf. After a few days with
the 220 V it restarted.

I am unclear whether it started (properly) after a few days, or it remains on standby mode?

I believe some accumulator was empty and it is
unable to boot in this case.

Present tense?

Hope it may help someone in the future :-)

Yeah. Actually reading a manual is typically my last resort.

Jean-Pierre Coulon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 1:23:32 PM UTC-4, Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote:
Thanks for the manual, but I am not learning much.

This sythetizer had spent a few years on a shelf.

Do you mean synthesizer?