DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kroil (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/590962-kroil.html)

[email protected] May 25th 17 07:59 PM

Kroil

After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Ralph Mowery May 25th 17 11:08 PM

Kroil

In article ,
says...

After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Just give it overnight to soak in. May work sooner on some things.
When working I used about a can a month or more, sometimes a can a day
dpending on the jobs. Just glad the company I worked for was buying it.

This was a very large plant and I bet we used over a case a week when
the company was going full blast.

[email protected] May 26th 17 12:48 PM

Kroil

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 3:00:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

A machinist friend of mine swears by Kroil, to the point of derision by others when the subject comes up. Many years ago, one of my buddies drilled out a steel plate and welded in like 8 bolts to it. We buried it in his back yard near the wetlands part of his lot and planned to dig it up in two years and use it as fairly well controlled test bed for various elixirs. Unfortunately, he moved and we forgot to dig it back up.

Most evidence I've found on the subject is anecdotal. Without a control there's no way of knowing if one of these solutions would have worked better or worse than any other.

[email protected] May 26th 17 12:56 PM

Kroil

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6:08:53 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Just give it overnight to soak in. May work sooner on some things.
When working I used about a can a month or more, sometimes a can a day
dpending on the jobs. Just glad the company I worked for was buying it.

This was a very large plant and I bet we used over a case a week when
the company was going full blast.

I am no great believer in miracles and/or instant gratification. Overnight is good enough for me (and you are the second with this advice). stripped heads are no fun at all.

I am doing the fuel pressure sensor on a Volvo XC70, one (1) torx bolt. Also the MAF sensor, but that is a plastic part held in with hose clamps. No biggie.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

[email protected] May 26th 17 02:29 PM

Kroil

On Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 3:00:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After all the discussions here and the occasional praise for Kroil here and elsewhere, I went to their website and purchased their Introductory Package.

I just received it from Kroil this afternoon. I will be testing it later today on some quite-vintage bolts on my wife's Volvo. If it is the Miracle-Formula as-promised, I will be quite pleased.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I got a jelly jar full of Kroil from a neighbor.
It seems to be better than other stuff.. but it's always
hard to tell. I've never tried the 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone.

George H.

[email protected] May 30th 17 01:28 PM

Kroil

The bolt came right out, with only the 'correct' amount of torque required. The entire job took 20 minutes, and now the car is running 'like new'.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Foxs Mercantile May 30th 17 02:17 PM

Kroil

On 5/30/2017 7:28 AM, wrote:
The bolt came right out, with only the 'correct' amount of
torque required.

Another "happy camper" that discovered yet another "**** that
just works like it's supposed to."

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

---
http://www.avg.com

MOP CAP[_2_] June 2nd 17 11:08 PM

Kroil

As the ad says "Kroil It. "Don't Spoil It".
CP