DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I'am in need of a Analog Oscilloscope used but working for mypersonal use building circuits at my home so I can learn more about how theywork . PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS , THANK YOU (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/586357-re-iam-need-analog-oscilloscope-used-but-working-mypersonal-use-building-circuits-my-home-so-i-can-learn-more-about-how-theywork-please-help-me-thank-you.html)

[email protected] February 21st 17 03:07 PM

I'am in need of a Analog Oscilloscope used but working for mypersonal use building circuits at my home so I can learn more about how theywork . PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS , THANK YOU

On Saturday, February 18, 2017 at 3:31:00 PM UTC-5, Don Young wrote:
I was going to buy one of those cheap digital Oscilloscope kits off of eBay but was told to check with this group and ask if anyone has a old working used Analog Oscilloscope that they would donate to me so I could test the circuits I have been building . I really like tinkering and have learned a lot in the past 2 years and a Oscilloscope would be my next piece of test equipment , but a new one is out of range for me but a used working old unit would be great for learning on . If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it . I Am disabled and working with electronics has opened a door for me that otherwise would leave me bored and doing nothing . I do not care if it is scratched or dented up as long as it is working , if anyone could help me , contact me at "FAKE NEWS" on You Tube (I do not open e-mails for fear of being hacked ) Thank you , Don Young ( looking forward to a reply and some help )

How much money do you have to spend?
I bought a Rigol DS1052 for home use. ~$400 when I bought it... ~$330 now.
There are many who sing the praises of analog 'scopes. But for common daily
use a DSO is great... and the added features (FFT! storage..) are a real plus.
(I set up the 'scope with a microphone for my kids.. we then banged on the
piano and watched things in both the time domain and frequency domain at the same
time.. That was years ago.. I should do it again, they're older now.)

George h.

Ralph Mowery February 21st 17 06:18 PM

I'am in need of a Analog Oscilloscope used but working for my personal use building circuits at my home so I can learn more about how they work . PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS , THANK YOU

In article ,
says...

How much money do you have to spend?
I bought a Rigol DS1052 for home use. ~$400 when I bought it... ~$330 now.
There are many who sing the praises of analog 'scopes. But for common daily
use a DSO is great... and the added features (FFT! storage..) are a real plus.
(I set up the 'scope with a microphone for my kids.. we then banged on the
piano and watched things in both the time domain and frequency domain at the same
time.. That was years ago.. I should do it again, they're older now.)

The digital scopes have came down. I bought a 200 mhz one for $ 299
shipped. Years ago I paid almost that for a used dual chanel 5 MHz
analog scope. Some are even less expensive.

Seems that many of them are rated in MHz and price. They are suspose to
be the same but different softwear. Sometimes the components are
slightly different.

YOu did not say what MHz yours is, but there are plenty of hacks on
youtube to upgrade them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM3VU0FG_7Q

[email protected] February 22nd 17 08:47 PM

I'am in need of a Analog Oscilloscope used but working for mypersonal use building circuits at my home so I can learn more about how theywork . PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS , THANK YOU

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:18:18 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

Right, I saw the same hack on Dave's EEVblog. I never bothered,
I've got faster 'scopes at work if I need one.

George H.