Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default ML-1610 lost its way

After a period of non-use I pulled my Samsung ML-1610 back into service, and put in a new cartridge (since then I've put in yet another in the thoughts that the problem lies there) and fired her up.

When fully cold the printer prints out about half to two-thirds of the test page and then pauses. It then ejects the test page and proceeds to give short bursts of movement (gears turn about a half turn, fuser lights up for the same second or two) lather, rinse, repeat. I've let it run on this way for several minutes and the only variability that I notice is that the brief bursts vary in length from a second to a bit longer, otherwise it is just the same old while the OnLine/Error light flashes its error signal.

I've taken off the various covers and checked for stray paper on a sensor, blew some compressed air on anything that might resemble dust, but the problem persists. It feels as though the unit has 'lost its way' but I don't know how to help reset it.

Any thoughts will be most appreciated!
Best,
ED
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 31/10/2016 20:35, N_Cook wrote:
blast electros
- blast electros, with freezer spray, masked off in turn