Default Sanyp DS27590 goes dim after a second

Hi. Got a Sanyo DS27590 that goes dim after 1 second. Change channel,
perfect for 1 second. I don't have a print. Chassis is 27590-01. I ran into
this before on a 35" Sanyo. 5 volt reg was a little high, IC681. Well, this
one doesn't use same reg. All transistors check good, apparently, with
meter. Same with diodes and zener diodes. 130 volt B+ is dead on so switch
mode PS seems to be fine.Any input on the 5 volt reg for this DS27590 would
be highly welcomed.

Danny

David

First make sure the closed captioning ALL modes are turned off.
Very common on a Sanyo if set to text mode closed captioning with no signal
to get a dim picture right after channel change.

David

wrote in message
Hi. Got a Sanyo DS27590 that goes dim after 1 second. Change channel,
perfect for 1 second. I don't have a print. Chassis is 27590-01. I ran

into
this before on a 35" Sanyo. 5 volt reg was a little high, IC681. Well,

this
one doesn't use same reg. All transistors check good, apparently, with
meter. Same with diodes and zener diodes. 130 volt B+ is dead on so switch
mode PS seems to be fine.Any input on the 5 volt reg for this DS27590

would
be highly welcomed.

Danny

Disregard. I found it. Was IC681 bad. Something had gotten on the designator
number and I couldn't read it. Works like a champ now.

Danny