jos patate

Default Hitachi 27" tv set dead...and close to being filled with sand...

Hello all,

I have another nice piece of equipment that is very close to the
trash... but i'd like to fix it just for not having to send it to the
dump ( ahhh the real reason is that it is so heavy that i'll be easyer
to fix it and put it back and move the new one then to take it to the
dump ;-))). (I already bought a new one to replace it...had pressure
from the wife...)

Well here it is: Hitachi model 27AX3BC chassis no M1CLXU serial 04569
made in 95 ( only 9 years old...)

some time ago it started to scroll, (but there is no longer a vertical
scroll adjustment like in the old days!, but i'm sure that would not
have corrected the problem anyway) Then in a matter of days the
vertical just stop and the long white line appeard...then the fuse blew!

I oppened the set but there is no apparent dammadge: no burned
transistor, no resistors burned or damaged caps. Humm, i have no
schematic and there are quite a few chips in there.

I suppose i have to replace a chip, some R and a couple of C but witch
ones? help!

Sofie

jos patate:
In order to diagnose and repair television faults usually can not be done
without some BASIC troubleshooting and testing at your end. You will need
to post technical details, test results, component test results and meter
readings. Obviously if the fuse blew there is something shorted inside....
power supply, vertical deflection, horiz output xstr, high voltage and
flyback derived B+ ? ? ?
Most tech types do not require a schematic to perform these basic
procedures.... and a schematic will NOT be of much help to a novice since
there are no step by step repair procedures that can cover all possible
fault conditions.
You might want to go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
There, with some searching, you will find a wealth of troubleshooting tips,
repair procedures, component testing methods and important safety
information that will help you to stay away from dangerous and lethal
electrical shock hazards inside your television. Note that these hazards
can still be present even when the television is turned off and unplugged
from the AC power.... be very careful.
If, after reading through the repairfaq, you are still not certain how to
proceed you might be best advised to TAKE it to a repair shop for at the
very least a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair
decision with facts instead of internet guesses.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"jos patate" wrote in message
[...]

jos patate

Thank you for the reply!

I'm going to check that web faq right away.

Sofie a écrit:
[...]

That is a very good advice. thank again.