Russ Verdon

Default Dell/Sony P1110 monitor problem

Hi,
I have a Dell/Sony P1110 monitor. The Blue disappeared. I have confirmed the
tube is ok. I have found 22R CHIP Resistor 314 from RGB amp IC403 O/C and
Diode D307 from this Resistor to gnd was low in resistance/sc, possibly why
R314 was O/C. The other components around this circuitry seem ok. I replaced
the resistor and the diode(with a glass one I got off another old Cct board
(different type)). The whole screen now has a blue wash and the contrast
looks washed out. Black and white levels seem to have been lost.
Disconnecting the capacitor C315 feeding KB looses the blue, but restores
the crispness to the picture.

Can someone advise whether my diode is not up to it or is there some other
effect happening here.

Thanks for any assistance.

Russell