Major Tom

Default TV Set Lost Sound

Hi

It used to be that the volume on my tv set would suddenly become quite
lower than normal. I usually would be able to correct it by gradually
increasing the setting until it reached a certain point (about 80%) and
then the correct volume would suddenly kick in and blast your eardrums.
However, over the past week I haven't been able to hear anything coming
from the speaker and have had to settle for reading captions. Any
suggestions on what the problem might be and how to correct it? (P.S.
The remote has brand new batteries and pressing & releasing the mute
button does nothing but add or remove the "muted" display on the
screen.) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Major Tom

LASERandDVDfan

It used to be that the volume on my tv set would suddenly become quite
lower than normal. I usually would be able to correct it by gradually
increasing the setting until it reached a certain point (about 80%) and
then the correct volume would suddenly kick in and blast your eardrums.

Brand and model number, please.

We cannot provide you any kind of specific information without knowing more
about what kind of TV that you have. - Reinhart
Art

Major, the general practices is to at least post the make and chases of your
set, so the troops have a moderate ides of how to response. Otherwise it is
point less to answer, generically speaking.