Aslaner

Default Panasonic 21" monitor C2192P

This machine has NO heater voltage,
I tried to follow it but without a diagram it is a bit hard since all the
boards are multilayers.

Would anyone out there have experience this problem before and have the
source of that Heater voltage.

Thank you for your help

James Sweet

"Aslaner" wrote in message
This machine has NO heater voltage,
I tried to follow it but without a diagram it is a bit hard since all the
boards are multilayers.

Would anyone out there have experience this problem before and have the
source of that Heater voltage.

Thank you for your help

Look for bad soldering or bulging capacitors in the power supply.

If you can't track it down, you can always wind 2 or 3 turns of wire around
the flyback core and use that to power the heater just so long as nothing
else is wrong.

Aslaner

Default Panasonic 21" monitor C2192P (update)

I think that I found my problem. I have to finish it off.

It was not easy since this monitor has circuit board with runs on both side
which was the source of the problem.
I traced the difficulties the heater voltage from the board at the back of
the Picture tube to the mainboard and it was going a bit everywhere with a
circuit run on the component side of the board.
I finally lost the trace behind capacitor C867, upon removal of that
capacitor, I noticed that the run was open and because the capacitor had
leeked and evantually corroded the run for the heater voltage and quite
possibly shorted to one side of the capacitor lead .

If you see one of these sets with "No heater" voltage the chances are that
the culprit will be that.

"Aslaner" wrote in message
This machine has NO heater voltage,
I tried to follow it but without a diagram it is a bit hard since all the
boards are multilayers.

Would anyone out there have experience this problem before and have the
source of that Heater voltage.

Thank you for your help

Aslaner

Default Panasonic 21" monitor C2192P (problem solved)

Sure enough problem solved. It was indeed the heater voltage cct run behind
capacitor C867 that was causing the problem. All that because the capacitor
had leaked.