sofie

Default Onkyo receiver in Protect Mode

Tim Marcus:
What about the following:
***the driver and predriver stages? leaky transistors, leaky electrolytics,
open low ohm resistors, shorted diodes???
***the main power supply (+) & (-) rails... filtered and balanced, and
the sub power supply regulation circuitry that feed the preamp and driver
stages..... correct voltages, filtered and (+) & (-) rails balanced?
***check the input side of the speaker protection relay.... do the left and
right channel power stage output have a DC offset? If so, then you missed
something, if not, then maybe the protection circuitry has a fault?
***check for cracked solder connections especially near and around the high
heat producing parts.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Tim Marcus" wrote in message
om...
Model Number is TX-SV414PRO

I have replaced the 5 transistors in the output stage, the standup
resistor, and a few other burnt out resistors. The thing does not
overdraw anymore, however, the relays never click, and it says
"Protect" on the front. I have checked everything in the output
section twice (resistance measurements, etc) - anybody know what I
might be missing? Thanks - Tim

Mark D. Zacharias

There is a 22 ohm flameproof resistor which may be burned out - it's
associated with a pre-driver transistor. There's also a couple 22 ohm
resistors in the regulated power supply which might be suspect. Onkyo
unfortunately only shows one channel in the schem and says the others are
the same. Although it's a bit hard to read in my PDF, it looks like R570 on
the reference channel. Could you use the PDF of the manual? I see you have a
Hotmail account. Have they increased their limit yet? Most of the others,
Yahoo, etc have.

The manual is 3.72 meg in size.

You can mail me direct at

and substitute sbcglobal instead.