Jerry G.

Default TV Overheating...?

I would think that there is a part that has become thermo sensitive to heat,
rather than the set actually overheating. The inside environment of a set
can easily be up to 140 to 160 deg F without any problems. There are some
components in the set that normally will run up at about 160 F.

It is very common that capacitors in one of the circuits that is becoming
defective. You should have it looked after before it shorts or opens, and
causes other failures. Also, other types of components can go thermo
sensitive with age and use.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"tlally" wrote in message
om...
Hello

I have an Apex 43inch Projection TV. It seems to be overheating.
After watching for a couple of hours the picture will disappear then
reappear but with no sound. I've taken the back panel off and the
problem seems to stop. Any help would be great.

Tom Lally
www.MoneyMobile.net

Art

Problem is that APEX does not have any parts or service support for their
products so many shops are a bit shy to get involved working on them. If you
can actually get a good schematic for the unit then start checking the power
supply, deflection, and protection circuits. Specific components for the set
may not be available. (I actually work for a retailer that sells APEX brands
and we return to the vendor if they fail under manufacturer's warranty).

"tlally" wrote in message
om...
Hello

I have an Apex 43inch Projection TV. It seems to be overheating.
After watching for a couple of hours the picture will disappear then
reappear but with no sound. I've taken the back panel off and the
problem seems to stop. Any help would be great.

Tom Lally
www.MoneyMobile.net

LASERandDVDfan

leave the back panel off !!! Next please

Well, what if the original poster has kids or pets?

I don't know about you, but I think having the rear cover off of a rear
projection CRT television is certainly a liability, especially if you have
children or a cute lil' critter around.

Mains power will turn any critter into a crispy critter. - Reinhart
James Sweet

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
leave the back panel off !!! Next please

Well, what if the original poster has kids or pets?

I don't know about you, but I think having the rear cover off of a rear
projection CRT television is certainly a liability, especially if you have
children or a cute lil' critter around.

Mains power will turn any critter into a crispy critter. - Reinhart

Not to mention the problem will soon become worse and it won't work with the
back off either.

Paddy Bag

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
leave the back panel off !!! Next please

Well, what if the original poster has kids or pets?

build a steel cage around it!!

James Sweet

wrote in message

Add a vent hole and a small muffin fan?

Again that's just a band aid and doesn't fix the original problem. Sooner or
later it's going to get worse, and chances are it'll cost much more to have
it properly repaired once it's been run to that point. Unless the original
design was faulty, adding additional cooling to make it work is not a fix.