Art

Default Mitsubishi 65" Will not power up

Not unless you have the service manual and are relative good at diagnosing
surge related failure. Best to wait for the tech to diagnoses the set and
hopefully have the pool company pay for the repairs.
"Richard" wrote in message
om...
Year old big screen was working fine until a pool repairmen flipped
off the wrong breaker while the tv was on. When power was restored and
there is now just a blinking green light on the front of the unit.
-Upon reading the manual, the blinking green light is normal and
once it stops, the unit should be able to turn on. No luck!
-Tried system re-set on front of unit, waited for blinking light to
stop, still will not turn on.
-Left unplugged overnight, repeated the process, still no luck.
-Tried alternative power source, no luck.
Called for repair, but they can't get here for a week. Is there
anything else I can try?

Specs:
65" Mitsubishi model # WS-65711
Plugged into Monster Power Unit

Thank You,
Richard

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:12:50 -0400, "Art" wrote:

Not unless you have the service manual and are relative good at diagnosing
surge related failure. Best to wait for the tech to diagnoses the set and
hopefully have the pool company pay for the repairs.

I doubt the pool company will assume any liability as flipping off the
breaker should not have had any affect. No different than than a
power outage and you can't sue the power company for that either.

-Chris
Jerry G.

Considering the age of the set, I would not expect too much in the way of
reliability. I would suggest having a qualified service man look at it. Most
likely it has a scan and or power supply failure.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Richard" wrote in message
om...
Year old big screen was working fine until a pool repairmen flipped
off the wrong breaker while the tv was on. When power was restored and
there is now just a blinking green light on the front of the unit.
-Upon reading the manual, the blinking green light is normal and
once it stops, the unit should be able to turn on. No luck!
-Tried system re-set on front of unit, waited for blinking light to
stop, still will not turn on.
-Left unplugged overnight, repeated the process, still no luck.
-Tried alternative power source, no luck.
Called for repair, but they can't get here for a week. Is there
anything else I can try?

Specs:
65" Mitsubishi model # WS-65711
Plugged into Monster Power Unit

Thank You,
Richard

Leonard Caillouet

Actually, recent models from Mitsubishi have been quite reliable, and of the
manufacturers that I deal with they seem to be just about the best in terms
of trying to improve reliability with each new chassis. They actually pay
attention to issues of serviceability and reliability and try to incorporate
suggestions from the field in design. These sets have been very good. We
sell dozens of them and I rarely do any warranty claims on them. In this
case, I'd unplug it and let it sit for a few hours and try again.

If you press the menu and input buttons simultaneously for 5 sec after
trying to power the set up it will flash a two digit diagnostic code on the
led. If it is not trying to power up at all but goes through the boot cycle
(flashing for 70 sec) my guess would be a bad DM module. This is just a
guess, however.

Make sure that the servicer is most familiar with the Mitsubishi products,
if there are more than one ASC in your area you want the one who works on
the most of these.

Leonard