Brico-Man

Default Panasonic TX-28DK20F

Two or three years ago I bought a panasonic TX-28DK20F tv set, until a few
weeks ago evertyhing was ok.

Then all of a sudden the left and right hand side of the screen were bent
inside... At first hitting the side of the tv solved the problem, now a few
weeks later this remedy doesn't work any more.
Looking up this problem on the net, I found out this is called EW (east
west) correction.
I already checked for bad contacts in the main cricuit board ( and redone
some of them).

Anyone have a suggestion what to do next?

Many thanks.

Brico-Man.

Jerry G.

You have a bad solder connection in the pin circuits or in the scan circuits
that deal with the pin circuits. Giving the set a slap made a change in the
set's performance proved this.

There is also the possibility that there is a component that is mechanically
sensitive, and must be changed. With proper troubleshooting, this can be
serviced. There are too many components and conditions in a TV set that can
cause E/W distortions, so there is no use to even start to guess at it.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com