David Nugent

Default What is a rectifier fuse?

I'm trying to work on a piece of lab instrument that needs to have some
fuses replaced.

They appear to be ceramic type fuses.. The manual states that these must be
"rectifier type fuses". Regular fuses not recommended.

Can someone tell me what a rectifier fuse is? I've never heard of these
until now and my search on the web hasn't yielded
much useful information.

Thanks,
Dave

Ken Weitzel

David Nugent wrote:

I'm trying to work on a piece of lab instrument that needs to have some
fuses replaced.

They appear to be ceramic type fuses.. The manual states that these must be
"rectifier type fuses". Regular fuses not recommended.

Can someone tell me what a rectifier fuse is? I've never heard of these
until now and my search on the web hasn't yielded
much useful information.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi...

I kinda expect to be corrected, but I'm going to
tell you that they refer only to the fact that
they're fast blow fuses (as opposed to slow blow)

Take care.

Ken

Art

Could also be physical characteristic, that they physically appear to be a
rectifier, resistor, etc. rather than a glass type fuse device. ?? Like
some of the "chem fuses or pico fuses" now being used.
"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

David Nugent wrote:

I'm trying to work on a piece of lab instrument that needs to have some
fuses replaced.

They appear to be ceramic type fuses.. The manual states that these must
be
"rectifier type fuses". Regular fuses not recommended.

Can someone tell me what a rectifier fuse is? I've never heard of these
until now and my search on the web hasn't yielded
much useful information.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi...

I kinda expect to be corrected, but I'm going to
tell you that they refer only to the fact that
they're fast blow fuses (as opposed to slow blow)

Take care.

Ken

H. Dziardziel

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:23:13 -0300, "David Nugent"
wrote:

I'm trying to work on a piece of lab instrument that needs to have some
fuses replaced.

They appear to be ceramic type fuses.. The manual states that these must be
"rectifier type fuses". Regular fuses not recommended.

Can someone tell me what a rectifier fuse is? I've never heard of these
until now and my search on the web hasn't yielded
much useful information.

Thanks,
Dave

http://controlparts.com/siemens.relays/fuses.htm
http://www.kilowattclassroom.com/Archive/SCRArticle.pdf
Aidan Grey

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:23:13 -0300, David Nugent wrote:

I'm trying to work on a piece of lab instrument that needs to have some
fuses replaced.

They appear to be ceramic type fuses.. The manual states that these must be
"rectifier type fuses". Regular fuses not recommended.

Can someone tell me what a rectifier fuse is? I've never heard of these
until now and my search on the web hasn't yielded
much useful information.

Thanks,
Dave

I don't know, but I would guess that the fuse may have to be rated to
operate across a power line. That is, its voltage rating is enough to
interrupt
the line power coming in.

If so, any replacement must be rated for a minimum of 230 VAC.

Aidan Grey

http://www.europacomponents.com/prod...-ge-ur-eet.htm