DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tek 7613 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/44251-tek-7613-a.html)

JKoning April 16th 04 10:57 AM

Tek 7613

After sitting unused for quite a while, the traces of my Tek 7613 scope are
skewed.
AFAICS this is not a front panel adjustment, unless I'm blind. And, sorry,
no manual :-(
Anybody know where to find the "trace-rotation/trace-alignment" pot?

Thanks,
Jan.

Bob April 16th 04 03:49 PM

Tek 7613

JKoning wrote:
After sitting unused for quite a while, the traces of my Tek 7613
scope are skewed.
AFAICS this is not a front panel adjustment, unless I'm blind. And,
sorry, no manual :-(
Anybody know where to find the "trace-rotation/trace-alignment" pot?

Thanks,
Jan.

It's been a long time since I worked on Tek scopes - if it's not on the
front panel, then it might have been located on the storage board; that
would be the large circuit board on the right side of the scope, next to the
CRT. Pop the covers and snoop around; as I recall, it was a two wire
connector (black and red wires) that went to the trace rotation coil.

Hope this helps,
Bob.

Jim Yanik April 16th 04 03:50 PM

Tek 7613

"JKoning" wrote in
.nl:

After sitting unused for quite a while, the traces of my Tek 7613
scope are skewed.
AFAICS this is not a front panel adjustment, unless I'm blind. And,
sorry, no manual :-(
Anybody know where to find the "trace-rotation/trace-alignment" pot?

Thanks,
Jan.

On the right rear side of the scope,on the top,is a narrow PCB,that is the
Z-axis amp and related CRT (geom,astig,T-rot)adjustments.IIRC,the pot you
want is labelled.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

Andy Cuffe April 16th 04 04:48 PM

Tek 7613

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:57:45 +0200, "JKoning"
wrote:

After sitting unused for quite a while, the traces of my Tek 7613 scope are
skewed.
AFAICS this is not a front panel adjustment, unless I'm blind. And, sorry,
no manual :-(
Anybody know where to find the "trace-rotation/trace-alignment" pot?

Thanks,
Jan.

My 7623 has the rotation adjustment located on top of the scope. It
was the only top access hole on the scope. These is definitely a
rotation adjustment somewhere.
Andy Cuffe

JKoning April 16th 04 09:32 PM

Tek 7613

I have found the trace rotation pot on the Z-axis board.
Possibly the 7613 found it's successor in the 7623 because of the difficult
access of the relevant pot.
There's no cover hole to access T-rot.
But, it is labeled indeed... , P1170... like all the pot's on the Z-axis
board are numbered.

Anyway, traces are fine now, flat like the Dutch horizon :-)

Thanks everybody for helping out!

Rgds,
Jan.