Kramolin

Default SONY KP41S4 Turns off and on

Hello people,
I have A SONY KP41S4 Projection TV. The picture however comes and goes.
If I reduce the CONTRAST to minimum the problems disappears (even though
I increase the BRIGHTNESS to maximum). I have changed the AE card but it
didn't help. Is there anybody there to have solved such a problem or at
least have a good hint ??
Thanks beforehand,
Soncan

BWL

Not sure about this particular model, but it sounds to me like weak tubes are
causing the AKB circuit to blank the video; very common problem in Sony's. You
may be able to get a stable watchable picture by fiddling with the screen
controls to determine which tube is weakest, and slightly raising the screen
bias on that tube.

Arthur Black

Default Canon PC3 series copier drive train

Have recently been using my Canon PC320 copier to copy pages from
relatively heavy textbooks. After a few weeks of occasionally doing
this, my copier died. The slide table stopped moving. The gear train
makes a loud grinding noise.

Bought a used PC325 on eBay, and within a few days, exact same problem
occurred on it.

Can someone point me to info on how to repair the gear train on a Canon
PC32x family copier.

Thanks,

Art Black