Sidney

Default 17" Daewoo model:710B (CMC-1710B)

17" Daewoo computer monitor model:710B,chassis:710B,year:Jan
1999,P/N:507-308-128,CSA file #:LR59636,UL Listed:54K9,FCC ID
Code:C5F7NFCMC1710B same as 17" Compaq MV700 model:CO1021T.
When the power button is pressed loud arcing noise is heard and smell
comes from these two parts which are on fi

R939=100 K Ohm,1/6 watt
R940=100 K Ohm,1/6 watt

which are the ABL resistors next to the flyback and going to one of
the flyback pins.Anyone know what could be causing these two parts to
light up like a camp fire?.Thanks.

For free computer monitor service manual downloads:

http://www.geocities.com/monitorss/schematics.html

Also tons more he

http://www.fieni.3x.ro/
http://www.schema99.d2.cz/monitory/t.htm
http://rv6llh.rsuh.ru/shema2.htm
http://www.megadoizer.narod.ru/monitor.htm
http://www.infocoal.ru/rclub/schemes/monitor/
http://tibor56.hyperlinx.cz/
http://www.wimtv.be/forum/index.php?
http://www.wimtv.be/techniforum/index.php
http://www.mcu.cz/atm/index.php?direction=0&order=&
http://www.bastleni.cz/schemata/#monitory
http://www.bastleni.cz/schemata/
http://www.kacha.cz/schema.html
http://www.kruso.narod.ru/poiska.htm (lots of links)
http://www.radiosvalka.narod.ru/schemes/tv_e.htm
http://www.rlocman.com.ru/en/
http://sasna.narod.ru/shemy.html
http://cxema.ru/VIDEO.htm
http://www.promelec.ru/schemes_list.html?3
http://www.promelec.ru/schemes_list.html
http://www.radiofan.gaw.ru/circuit1/c1.htm
http://telek16.chat.ru/
http://televideo.al.ru/
http://www.telemaster.ru/
http://www.teleradiocom.ru/homes/tv/
http://amt.ural.ru/electronics
http://schematics.chat.ru/aschemes.htm
http://www.narod.yandex.ru/100.xhtml
http://www.carsoft.ru/avtorepair/caraudio.html
http://www.geocities.com/bucovalov

If you techs need help in finding any free service manuals just ask
me.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
http://disc.server.com/Indices/211975.html
Heinz Schmitz

On 9 Apr 2004 14:21:15 -0700, (Sidney) wrote:

17" Daewoo computer monitor model:710B,chassis:710B,year:Jan
1999,P/N:507-308-128,CSA file #:LR59636,UL Listed:54K9,FCC ID
Code:C5F7NFCMC1710B same as 17" Compaq MV700 model:CO1021T.
When the power button is pressed loud arcing noise is heard and smell
comes from these two parts which are on fi

R939=100 K Ohm,1/6 watt
R940=100 K Ohm,1/6 watt

The only monitor I saw, during my limited experience, who
demonstrated excessive power on that part of its interiors had a
defective flyback/HVdiode/s.
You might, however, try to proove that C267 is still ok, though
I doubt that 12V DC would ever cause fireworks with 100k resistors.
Did you measure the resistance between the crt-anode-connector
and ground?
Once you replaced the flyback, be sure to check all other parts
in the ABL-circuitry for damage by overvoltage.

My heartfelt consolations to having a 710 on your bench:
These devices imho are not manufactured to be repaired :-).

The board sits within a metallic tub, which is hell to dismantle.
I did not figure out yet, how one could ever do any measurement
during operation, because once you have stripped everything
to gain access, all parts are flying around loosely on the bench.

If you techs need help in finding any free service manuals just ask
me.

You wouldn't happen to know where to find a Belinea 108015
schematics :-)?

Crossing my thumbs for Your 710,
H.

Rono

With the Daewoo 710 B 17" monitor that has
the ABL resistor burning, the flyback is bad for
sure! There are two different types of flybacks!
Not really worth repairing! Ron.

om...