jtech

Default Help with spec.

I'm working on a rca tv and I traced the problem down to a shorted down 31
volt from flyback secondary. It supplies to a la7612 ic, but I have no
specs for it. Can anyone point me to the specs and pinout for this chip.
Set powers up with this supply opened by lifting a resistor feeding to the
chip, but it also goes to other componets. Thanks to who directs me to this
chip info..

David

That would be the jungle ic and 31 volts is NOT being supplied to it
directly. RCA almost always uses the SMPS 9v supply to power most of its
Jungle ic's, also called T-chip in Thomson circles. If the 31 volt line off
the flyback is powering some part of the chip, you need only look for a 12v
or 9v regulator circuit in line.

31 volts probably is going to the vertical output circuit or pincushion
circuit.

If you really have something loading it down hard, it is a simple matter to
find out what is loading it down. Unsolder the resistor, feed a variable
supply with voltage and current meter to the loaded circuit, SLOWLY bring up
the voltage until you have a good small amount of current, and no smoke yet.
Simply look around for the component getting warm and start at that point.

Otherwise, it might be time to buy the service manual for the tv set.

David