MarkC

Default Need CTC169 Expert

Just got done solving a vertical jitter problem on a CTC169CL5 but now I
need to solve a vertical centering problem. It is just slightly out of
aliginment but when I adjust the vertical height for a full CNN (cable
news) ticker display (at the bottom of the screen) then the top comes
down too much. I cannot find any adjustments to center the vertical (no
service menu on this one). Do you know what parts would affect the
V-Centering? The parts I replaced a C4520, C4503, C2313 (used a 220uf
to replace the odd 180uf), U4501 & CR4504. Thanks for any help,
Mark

RonKZ650

I've seen C4504 cause height and centering problems. It's a 0.47uf 100v.
Good luck,
MarkC

Default CTC169 Problem Solved

I found out that the problem was caused by me when I replaced C4503 with
a 2,200uf cap instead of the called for 1,500uf. Some 169's use a
2,200uf but not this model.

ctc169 Jer Electronics Repair 5 March 25th 04 11:57 AM
RCA CTC169 - vertical line at shut down BigMike Electronics Repair 0 November 25th 03 09:53 PM
CTC169 and sub flyback 232191 incompatability notes Dave Moore Electronics Repair 4 November 24th 03 04:47 PM
Newly laid wooden floor - need an expert! Andrew Wiseman UK diy 5 November 13th 03 08:13 PM