shady

Default RCA CTC 179CM

I have an RCA 35" console model #G35831AT with chassie CTC 179CM.
After replacing the flyback transformer the tv has sound and OSD but
no picture. I understand that this can often be caused by bad solder
conections. Any idea where I should look for these? Also, could this
problem be caused by one the the solder points with the new flyback.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jon
john

Did you turn up the screen control on the Flyback ?
Check and make sure you did,nt loose a jumper pin
which is required on some of those Flyback base
connections.
Was the Fly the real thing or Generic ?

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"shady" wrote in message
I have an RCA 35" console model #G35831AT with chassie CTC 179CM.
After replacing the flyback transformer the tv has sound and OSD but
no picture. I understand that this can often be caused by bad solder
conections. Any idea where I should look for these? Also, could this
problem be caused by one the the solder points with the new flyback.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jon

shady

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:33:46 -0500, "john"
wrote:

Did you turn up the screen control on the Flyback ?
Check and make sure you did,nt loose a jumper pin
which is required on some of those Flyback base
connections.
Was the Fly the real thing or Generic ?

kip

The flyback was an RCA part. I don't see anything on the flyback that
is potentially adjustable; just the 2 wires and the pins that we
soldered onto the board. Are there adjustments elsewhere? (
john

Whats the part number
kip

Should be Focus and screen on the Flyback.