James Sweet

Default Gateway Flat panel Monitor illumination...

"lucid77" wrote in message
om...
I have a Fpd-1530 15" monitor, and some times it works ok, but other
times the screen goes black, however when I turn all the lights off I
can see a faint image of the screen. I was venuture to make an
uneducated guess that this is something wrong with whatever component
sends illumination to the actual screen, is this an easy repair?

-Sam

Your guess is actually pretty good, either the cold cathode fluorescent tube
or the inverter which powers it is likely failing, if you're an experienced
tinkerer you can probably find a replacement for the tube or hack in one of
the inverters sold to light those tubes inside tricked out PC cases. My
guess would be that the tube is failing and is having trouble striking.

Jerry G.

The backlight, or the ballast transformer is failing, or there is a loose
connection in this area.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

Flat panel heaters Tom Miller UK diy 5 January 8th 04 05:30 PM
Since I don't have any plans...whatsa best way to secure desk's back panel to side panels? (and other questions) Leon Woodworking 5 August 27th 03 04:08 AM