DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Manually ejection Sony cam? help (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/43397-manually-ejection-sony-cam-help.html)

Marisc123 March 15th 04 08:25 PM

Manually ejection Sony cam? help

Can anyone describe to me how to manualy eject a 8mm cassette
from a sony trv series. I have full power, but the ejector is stuck.
It wants to work but dosen't. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks. Dee

Sofie March 16th 04 12:11 AM

Manually ejection Sony cam? help

Dee:
It is just not that simple.......... depending on what exactly is jammed,
what is malfunctioning, and what faulty parts are involved, the entire
camcorder may have to be dis-assembled, not a job for the newbie or the
faint hearted.
The best advice I can give you is for you to take it to a repair shop that
regularly services this type of equipment.... for at the very least a repair
cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Marisc123 March 16th 04 03:41 AM

Manually ejection Sony cam? help

thanks for your reply. I have open the camcorder up several times, so I'm no
that unfamiliar with the inards, mostly re-aligning the lens area, but not the
ejection side, please, if you can guide me to the least damage possible for
professional work later. My parents are leaving soon, and I have momentos on
the tape. Scenario: we went to the beach.
possibly sand granual interference,,,

the camcorder can be repaired at later date. please help.
Kind Regards,
Dee

JR North March 16th 04 06:02 AM

Manually ejection Sony cam? help

My Sony cam did the same thing, after alot of use. Took it
to a camera shop; they fixed it for $40. All you can do
trying to fix it is screw it up more.
JR

Marisc123 wrote:

Can anyone describe to me how to manualy eject a 8mm cassette
from a sony trv series. I have full power, but the ejector is stuck.
It wants to work but dosen't. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks. Dee

--
Remove X to reply

Marisc123 March 16th 04 07:38 AM

Manually ejection Sony cam? help

Guess what?! After studying the cam for a bit, I just unhooked the two springs
just inside the the front panel. Unhooking them
from the bottom pins released the cassette
upward!! I did it! You're right though, it
still didn't fix the ejector, I will take your advice and take it to the cam
doctor.
Thanks so much to care to reply.
your friend, Dee