Marisc123

Default Manually ejection Sony cam? help

Can anyone describe to me how to manualy eject a 8mm cassette
from a sony trv series. I have full power, but the ejector is stuck.
It wants to work but dosen't. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks. Dee
Sofie

Dee:
It is just not that simple.......... depending on what exactly is jammed,
what is malfunctioning, and what faulty parts are involved, the entire
camcorder may have to be dis-assembled, not a job for the newbie or the
faint hearted.
The best advice I can give you is for you to take it to a repair shop that
regularly services this type of equipment.... for at the very least a repair
cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Marisc123" wrote in message
Can anyone describe to me how to manualy eject a 8mm cassette
from a sony trv series. I have full power, but the ejector is stuck.
It wants to work but dosen't. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks. Dee

Marisc123

thanks for your reply. I have open the camcorder up several times, so I'm no
that unfamiliar with the inards, mostly re-aligning the lens area, but not the
ejection side, please, if you can guide me to the least damage possible for
professional work later. My parents are leaving soon, and I have momentos on
the tape. Scenario: we went to the beach.
possibly sand granual interference,,,

the camcorder can be repaired at later date. please help.
Kind Regards,
Dee
JR North

My Sony cam did the same thing, after alot of use. Took it
to a camera shop; they fixed it for $40. All you can do
trying to fix it is screw it up more.
JR

Marisc123 wrote:

Can anyone describe to me how to manualy eject a 8mm cassette
from a sony trv series. I have full power, but the ejector is stuck.
It wants to work but dosen't. Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks. Dee

--
Remove X to reply

Marisc123

Guess what?! After studying the cam for a bit, I just unhooked the two springs
just inside the the front panel. Unhooking them
from the bottom pins released the cassette
upward!! I did it! You're right though, it
still didn't fix the ejector, I will take your advice and take it to the cam
doctor.
Thanks so much to care to reply.
your friend, Dee