Lenny

Default Zenith TV model B25A24Z no sound

This set has no audio from the speakers or the variable output jack in
the back. I tried full volume and still heard nothing. I checked the
menu to be certain stereo, SAP., surround, mute, etc were all where
they should be. The thing I did notice was a slight barely audible
"thump" noticeable when switching the speakers on through the menu. So
although I didn't fully investigate it I suspect that the output is
good. I didn't try any signal injection yet but without a schematic
this is a bit difficult. Does anyone have any information on this
model having these symptoms or could you perhaps point me in the right
direction? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.
Jerry G.

I would not be able to tell you specifics, but I would do the procedure of
tracing the signal from the sound detector though to the processor section.
A component most likely failed along that path. The audio amp itself is
most likely working, because you heard a thump.

Unless you are equipped and trained in TV service, I would suggest you call
a service centre that services Zenith TV sets.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com