Gary

Default PS2 CD Not Spinning Up

We had another one of the PS2's dropped off for us to look at. Usually it's
a disc read error but this is a new problem, I haven't seen.

When you power up the unit or insert a CD in the tray, the CD will spin for
about 1/4 a turn and stops. Originally the drive motor was bad, you could
barely turn it by hand so we replaced the motor and now it turns freely.
However, it will not spin up CD's. I don't see any components that look
damaged but could the bad motor have overloaded the circuit and casued a
component to overheat?

TIA,
Gary