DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WTD: Manual for Plasma Spray Gun (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/42329-wtd-manual-plasma-spray-gun.html)

Jim Adney January 27th 04 11:31 PM

WTD: Manual for Plasma Spray Gun

Our group recently picked up a used Plasma Spray Gun. While it appears
to be in very good condition, it is old and no longer supported by the
maker. We'd like to get any possible information on it so that we can
get the best possible use out of it without damaging it thru misuse.

Here's what we have:

Sulzer Metco Plasma Spray gun and controller

Control unit is a type MCN, Model 836.

Powder Dispenser is a type 4MP, Model DM79158528

Sulzer Metco is now a subsidiary of Perkin Elmer, but I don't think
this was the case when these parts were made.

We're specifically looking for copies of the Operation and
Parts/Service Manuals, but any information will be better than what we
have now, which is zip.

Any and all comments will be appreciated.

thanks,

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA

JURB6006 January 28th 04 01:48 AM

WTD: Manual for Plasma Spray Gun

Plasma spray gun with powder ?

What the heck is it ?

JURB

Jim Adney January 29th 04 04:49 AM

On 28 Jan 2004 01:48:18 GMT (JURB6006) wrote:

Plasma spray gun with powder ?

What the heck is it ?

It's a system which accepts metal powders of various alloys,
vaporizes, and ionizes them, and forms them into a spray which you can
use to spray a coating of almost any metal onto almost anything.

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA