DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Harman/Kardon HK3370 Tuner Hum (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/41681-harman-kardon-hk3370-tuner-hum.html)

Robert Nogo January 1st 04 02:20 AM

Harman/Kardon HK3370 Tuner Hum

The tuner will hum real loud when the the unit is cold but it won't be as
loud as the receiver or the room heats up. The hum sounds like power line
hum and it's the same rather it's on AM or FM.

What happened? What could cause such a thing? It just started doing it all
of the sudden but it is just the tuner, all the other inputs (CD, AUX, Tape
Monitor) do not have the problem.

Dave M. January 1st 04 05:14 AM

Harman/Kardon HK3370 Tuner Hum

There could be a bad electrolytic in the AM FM IF section. I've seen cap
problems in the pre-amp sections of Harmon Kardon in the past.

Jerry G. January 1st 04 08:09 AM

Harman/Kardon HK3370 Tuner Hum

Defective filter caps or bypass caps in the power supply, or along the
distribution in the unit.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG