Peter Louwerse

Default Compaq V710 pin-out

All,

I recently was given a Compaq V710 with a few missing pins in the VGA
plug. I've been trying to figure out witch color corresponds to witch
pin but was unable to do so due to the fact that the plug was filled
up with some kind of filler. Could some please help

Tnx & regards,

Peter Louwerse
BFriedl

Google is your friend here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...pinout&spell=1

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician

Peter Louwerse

Peter Louwerse wrote:

All,

I recently was given a Compaq V710 with a few missing pins in the VGA
plug. I've been trying to figure out witch color corresponds to witch
pin but was unable to do so due to the fact that the plug was filled
up with some kind of filler. Could some please help

Tnx & regards,

Peter Louwerse

Thnx but the problem i'm facing is a little more complex. I have no
knowledge of CRT electronics and do not know which V710 wire color
corresponds to which function. The cable has 9 colored wires 5
'normal' ones (purple, yellow, black, white and orange) and 4 wires
with a mantle(?) (green, red, blue and gray). My guess is dat the ones
with the mantle are the primary RGB + Ground signals but what are the
others?

Regards,

Peter Louwerse
BFriedl

Oh, sorry about that. Well i suppose you could use a multi-meter to test
for continunity between pins to figure out where most of them go. Then
you should only have 1 wire left..your missing pin! Or, perhaps someone
here has a service manual and can give you a definate answer.