lbrown

Default HP P1110 (Nokia 445N) monitor: What is "BCL Adjust" and "BL Input"??

Hello,

I have access to the service menu on an HP P1110, but do not have access
to a manual. There are several terms in the service menu that I don't
understand. ( I _do_ understand that I can royally mess the screen up
if I fool with many of these settings. I have recorded all the existing
values. I'm using this monitor to increase my skill at setting
monitors up properly.)

I would very much appreciate any definition provided for any of the
following:

From the "Geometry" section,

"S-Correction"

"C-Correction"

"E/W - Corner"

From the "Grey Scale" section (covering black levels, gains, G2, etc.),

"BCL Adjust"

From the "Sharpness" section (covering convergence, moire, etc.),

"BL Input"

From the "Memory Settings" section,

"DDC : Ext. (24LC21)" which appears to just toggle between that and
"DDC : Int. (ST7275)".

This is actually a pretty decent monitor and looks OK. But focus and/or
convergence at the edges and corners could be better... so I've got to
try ;-)

I have some basic how-to info on the correct order of things when making
adjustments, but any links to detailed information would also be
appreciated. And any info on suggested baseline values to set on this
particular monitor BEFORE starting to adjust other values would be
_very_ useful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Logan

lbrown

lbrown wrote:
Hello,

I have access to the service menu on an HP P1110, but do not have access
to a manual. There are several terms in the service menu that I don't
understand. ( I _do_ understand that I can royally mess the screen up
if I fool with many of these settings. I have recorded all the existing
values. I'm using this monitor to increase my skill at setting
monitors up properly.)

I would very much appreciate any definition provided for any of the
following:

From the "Geometry" section,

"S-Correction"

"C-Correction"

"E/W - Corner"

From the "Grey Scale" section (covering black levels, gains, G2, etc.),

"BCL Adjust"

From the "Sharpness" section (covering convergence, moire, etc.),

"BL Input"

From the "Memory Settings" section,

"DDC : Ext. (24LC21)" which appears to just toggle between that and
"DDC : Int. (ST7275)".

This is actually a pretty decent monitor and looks OK. But focus and/or
convergence at the edges and corners could be better... so I've got to
try ;-)

I have some basic how-to info on the correct order of things when making
adjustments, but any links to detailed information would also be
appreciated. And any info on suggested baseline values to set on this
particular monitor BEFORE starting to adjust other values would be
_very_ useful.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Logan

Sorry about the html posting... didn't notice it was turned on. Logan

lbrown

lbrown wrote:
Hello,

I have access to the service menu on an HP P1110, but do not have access
to a manual. There are several terms in the service menu that I don't
understand. ( I _do_ understand that I can royally mess the screen up
if I fool with many of these settings. I have recorded all the existing
values. I'm using this monitor to increase my skill at setting
monitors up properly.)

I would very much appreciate any definition provided for any of the
following:

From the "Geometry" section,

"S-Correction"

"C-Correction"