Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Angela D'Andrea

Default Hitachi Ultravision Model 50UX26B Intermittent Power Shut Down

We have a Hitachi Ultravision Model 50UX26B projection TV that was
made in July 1996. Lately it has been shutting itself off at random
times. Hitting the power button on the remote usually turns it back
on again (you actually need to hit the power button twice; the first
time you hear the TV click and the second time it comes on).

I don't think it is heat related because it's done it shortly after
turning it on sometimes. Other times it will run for a long time
without problem. The frequency of the intermittent shut downs has
progressively increased from infrequent to several times an hour. Now,
we can't power the TV on except occasionally and then it doesn't stay
on for long. When we hit the power button the TV would click and the
power light would flash on briefly but wouldn't stay on.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with our TV and how it can be
fixed? We'ev found several other posts to Usenet where people have had
the same problem, however, we haven't seen a definitive fix, and no
one has followed up to say whether the advised fixes actually worked.
Of course, we are hesitant to call a repair service and spend a pile
of money only to have the problem continue...

Thanks for you help.

Angela D'Andrea
Austin, Texas

Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
Hitachi Power tools Jim White UK diy 30 May 12th 04 11:46 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
RCA Model P61830BL (Chassis PTK 195 BT) Proj. TV standby power problems. David Electronics Repair 0 August 8th 03 04:12 AM