john williamson

Default AUDIOVOX AVP-6750M 12VDC VCR

VCR in a conversion van, will accept and eject cassette but will not
PLAY, REV, FF. It has a red LED labelled DEW that is blinking. I can
not for the life of me figure out what DEW means.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
John

Roy J. Tellason

john williamson wrote:

VCR in a conversion van, will accept and eject cassette but will not
PLAY, REV, FF. It has a red LED labelled DEW that is blinking. I can
not for the life of me figure out what DEW means.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
John

I haven't eeen that in ages...

There's a moisture sensor in there. The unit won't power up if it thinks
there's too much moisture inside the unit.

They _do_ go bad, on occasion.

john williamson

AUDIOVOX AVP-6750M 12VDC VCR

Group: sci.electronics.repair Date: Tue, Nov 4, 2003, 9:52pm (EST+5)
From: rtellason@DONTSPAM MEpa.net (Roy=A0J.=A0Tellason)
john williamson wrote:
VCR in a conversion van, will accept and eject cassette but will not
PLAY, REV, FF. It has a red LED labelled DEW that is blinking. I can not
for the life of me figure out what DEW means.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
John
_____________________
Roy replied

I haven't eeen that in ages...
There's a moisture sensor in there. The unit won't power up if it thinks
there's too much moisture inside the unit.
They _do_ go bad, on occasion.
+++++++++++++++

John wrote

Thanks Roy, I was trying to think of what DEW meant, my wife said
"Doesn't ever work".

Thanks again
John

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john williamson

From: rtellason@DONTSPAM MEpa.net (Roy=A0J.=A0Tellason)
john williamson wrote:
VCR in a conversion van, will accept and eject cassette but will not
PLAY, REV, FF. It has a red LED labelled DEW that is blinking. I can not
for the life of me figure out what DEW means.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
John
_____________________
Roy replied

I haven't eeen that in ages...
There's a moisture sensor in there. The unit won't power up if it thinks
there's too much moisture inside the unit.
They _do_ go bad, on occasion.

John wrote

Thanks Roy, I was trying to think of what DEW meant, my wife said
"Doesn't ever work".

Thanks again
John
Has anyone an idea where the sensor is located in the AVP6750M ???