Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Power switch specifications/ratings

Hello all,

Can anyone point me to an 'official' table or chart about switch
ratings, such as what is the difference between a TV3, TV4 and TV5
marking on the switch?

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 9/6/2016 10:53 PM, Tim Schwartz wrote:
Hello all,

Can anyone point me to an 'official' table or chart about switch
ratings, such as what is the difference between a TV3, TV4 and TV5
marking on the switch?

Many thanks,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Well, here I am answering my own question. A friend I had e-mail the
same question to came up with this link from Alps:

http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/PDF/...wer/SAFETY.PDF

The 3rd page has what I was looking for. Hope others find this useful too.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tim Schwartz wrote:

Well, here I am answering my own question. A friend I had e-mail the
same question to came up with this link from Alps:

http://www.alps.com/prod/info/E/PDF/...wer/SAFETY.PDF

The 3rd page has what I was looking for.

** Fraid that page is highly misleading about what TV ratings mean.

The "TV" code is used by UL to identify switches that have a very high inrush surge current, endurance and fire safety performance. Such switches are suited to large halogen lamp loads and devices with large iron transformers.

Typical codes are TV5, TV8 or TV10 where the number refers to the steady rms on current for 25,000 operations with over 100Amp surges.

See link for useful examples:

http://www.nkkswitches.com/pdf/JP.pdf

..... Phil

PC power supply ratings pete UK diy 6 November 11th 10 07:35 PM
Snow blower power ratings Worn Out Retread Home Repair 62 October 14th 09 05:04 AM
Amp ratings of power adapters Thomas G. Marshall Electronics 9 February 4th 08 11:24 AM
Hob power ratings Syke UK diy 4 March 8th 05 07:54 PM
DC switch ratings Steve Electronics 1 September 6th 04 09:43 PM