John r

Default Compaq P110 21" monitor "jumping" at bottom half of the screen

I have a compaq 21" p110 monitor that has a really nice clear picture,
but has started to "jump" at the bottom half of the screen. What I
mean is that bottom half seems to contract and expand repeatedly, but
still giving the normal picture.
Is this some simple syn adjustment? No noises, smells or anything
obvious to suggest an eletrical fault
any help appreciated
Wayne

Sounds like the CXA2043Q is failing. Below, from the Anatek site...

Wayne

QUESTION NO. P731-7: Compaq P110 model 630 monitor. I replaced the
cxa2043q on a P110 but now when I press the ON-SCREEN display button,
the display symbol appears on the left down corner but that is all.

If that was the SMD IC at location 007, then Sony DAS (digital
alignment) will need to be run. If you do not have that software and
apparatus, find a shop with this equipment, and software for the Sony
GDM500 model.

QUESTION NO. P57-2: Compaq P110 model 630 monitor, the lower half
stretches and bounces and eventually puts the monitor into standby.
Also, is there a Sony crossmatch?

I believe this is a Sony N3 chassis, similar to the Sony GDM-500PS.
Check out the CXA2043Q IC.