Leonard Caillouet

Default need help fixing Hitachi cu4601 RPTV

Get out your ESR meter and CRT restorer. Likely bad caps in the PS and
convergence circuits and a weak blue tube. You probably need to try to
address the tube first. If it won't restore don't bother with the other
issues. The set is mostly done at this age.

Leonard Caillouet

"John Jensen" wrote in message
om...
I have a Hitachi cu4601 rear projection TV. I'm adjusing the
convergence, but there are two problems I'm having trouble solving.

On the grid, the upper right and lower left have sine curves I can't
get out -- the red, blue and green all have different curves, but
everywhere else the grid looks good.

Secondly, the center looks good on the grid (from above). But when I
look at video, it looks like the blue is bleeding into highlights from
the left.

Thanks in advance
John