Andy Cuffe

Default iMac monitor adjustment

I bought a 233MHz iMac rev B cheaply because it was dropped damaging the
CRT. I know I can do a CRT swap, but I need to know how to do a
grayscale alignment. What software/hardware is needed to make basic RGB
adjustments?
--
Andy Cuffe

Steve Bell

On 21/10/03 9:48 pm, in article , "Andy Cuffe"
wrote:

I bought a 233MHz iMac rev B cheaply because it was dropped damaging the
CRT. I know I can do a CRT swap, but I need to know how to do a
grayscale alignment. What software/hardware is needed to make basic RGB
adjustments?

Go to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~strahm_s/manuals.html

and download the Display Adjustment Utility. You'll also find all the Apple
service manuals there.

Another useful site to download Epson inkjet, Epson laser and scanner
service manuals is http://www.epson.co.uk/repair

Anyone aware of other useful service manual related sites?

Steve Bell

Jon Yaeger

The Apple 9.x OS has some basic monitor adjustments under the MONITORS
control panel. Separate iMac Display Adjustment software does the finer
adjustments. It should be available on line.

I've also got a spare CRT for the 233.

- Jon

Andy Cuffe

wrote:

I bought a 233MHz iMac rev B cheaply because it was dropped damaging the
CRT. I know I can do a CRT swap, but I need to know how to do a
grayscale alignment. What software/hardware is needed to make basic RGB
adjustments?

Go to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~strahm_s/manuals.html

and download the Display Adjustment Utility. You'll also find all the Apple
service manuals there.

Another useful site to download Epson inkjet, Epson laser and scanner
service manuals is http://www.epson.co.uk/repair

Anyone aware of other useful service manual related sites?

Steve Bell

Thanks, I found everything I need there. I haven't swapped CRTs yet,
but I was able to tweek the gray scale on another imac I'm working on.
--
Andy Cuffe